Thursday, November 17, 2016

My Clarity

If anyone has ever read the book Flowers for Algernon, by Daniel Keyes, this story is very real to me because every time I have had a break down I forget what I have learned in so many areas.   Charlie is a young man who is severely handicapped and cannot beat a mouse through a maze.  When Charlie is given an operation he is smarter than the mouse and ultimately becomes a genius, but he returns to the severely handicapped intelligence when the operation stops working. Like Charlie, the doctors have to find new medications to help me get back on track.  My mother died with a lack of clarity and there is a very real fear that I will end up like her.  My dad also suffered and was on medication like my mother.  Ultimately he died of a brain tumor a Glioblastoma, the most progressive kind of tumors.

I didn't want to forget what I had to say, so I am writing this with revisions after the original was published.

I have a nice Case Manager now and I am hoping to get back to work as a writer.


No comments:

Post a Comment