Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Voice of the Troubadour

Everyone of us from conception is born to die.
The life we are given is filled with inherent struggles.
Genetic difficulties may make the struggles ever so much more pronounced.
The challenge then becomes not to silence a voice because of stigma,
But to be the troubadour who resounds I am here as God intended me to be!

I shall not be forgotten, my obligation is to never forget those who have helped me
My duty is to protect the homeless, to be the sympathetic ear, to challenge the status quo.  Sadly, many falsely believe homelessness is a choice.  My responsibility is to make life better not just for myself, but for all.

The world I have seen in Michigan is deplorable.  Individuals are living in filth because the mental health system, and the department of human services system allows this to happen. Additionally, Snyder in his poor judgement appointed James K. Haveman as the Director of Community Mental Health in the state of Michigan. Speak to any mother who has had her son or daughter inappropriately housed in a jail or prison, and one will become even more stealth on advocating against a system, which is so badly broken not only in Michigan, but nationally.

At the Federal level, Social Security Income restrictions of $2,000 per month, limit an individual from trying to better oneself. The so called spend down generates waste. Services are inappropriately provided and unnecessary paperwork is generated.  The old saying of give a person a fish versus teaching one how to fish holds true today. The sad reality, however, is the teaching never seems to happen, subsequently, the poverty becomes more apparent. Take a stand to be the Americans we were taught to be when ideology in the Democratic Republic was not just a dream, but a belief.

I urge my fellow Americans to unite and draft proposals that your legislators will be forced to consider for adoption.  This is not the time for despondency, it is the time for ACTION! 

No comments:

Post a Comment