Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Writing for Peace

I have decided that I don't have to be published to enjoy the process of writing.  I have been utilizing my local library to check out books on playwriting.  I have never written a play before, and this is a challenge.  I am trying to write a play about Cultural Crossings that will explore prejudices and customs.  My hope is that I can inspire people to explore their own prejudices through this play.  I have been a member of The Southern Poverty Law Center for many years; a watch group for hate crimes. I wasn't able to keep donating so my membership started over again in 2022.

Everyone has prejudices, but learning to recognize them for what they are can be difficult.  My hope is that through the writing of this play that I may better present these prejudices in tangible terms and try to foster a sense of hope that will lead to peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment