Thursday, August 3, 2017

Making the most of life

My former mother in-law painted a picture of a lemon and used the quote, "when life gives you a lemon, make lemonade," it was the first time I had heard the quote.  She gave the painting to my father.  I always liked that saying because it was so positive.

I have a choice as to how to live my life.  I can choose to be happy and that is a great gift.  Learning how not to micro-manage everything is so important to a healthy lifestyle. I am making positive decisions and I am so glad.  I can't live other people's lives.  I have to live mine.  My children are grown and learning to let go was a challenge, but I feel like I have accomplished this to the best of my ability.  I am pleased to have the opportunity to volunteer and take positive steps in my life.

I get down like everyone, but my extreme depression has been alleviated.  I am so happy now.  I have a boyfriend and we are living our lives as best we can.

1 comment: