Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Madeleine's Autobiography Overview

My printer is now informing me, I need ink.  I have published every one of my blog entries.  I have created a portfolio of all the articles I could find on the internet from the South Lyon Herald. The Fowlerville News and Views, I scanned a portion of the articles, but my editor has the articles in boxes and finding them would be a task. This is a summary only

Most of my articles from the Brighton Argus and Livingston County Press, I have been informed, are on microfilm.  WHMI 93.5 radio only kept the articles on the website for a short time.  I am going to look into securing the articles from the radio station.  I have not had time to do this, yet.

I have one page scanned from the technical manual DSalon when I worked for System Solvers. System Solvers is no longer in business. I am in contact with every single editor I ever worked for, which is a blessing when I am given the all clear to return to work.

I am creating a book from some of my blogs.  The blogs are also separated from songs. I am working on scanning articles from when I lived at St. Vincent Sarah Fisher Home for Children.  I have met a lot of interesting people in my line of work or as a child, but compiling this information in a tidy fashion is quite an undertaking.  I plan on sharing the names and significance of each individual I had the pleasure of meeting in my book.  I met Mr. Kresge, who was one of my greatest influences, which I will explain later.  I interviewed Patti Duke Astin, who is really named Anna.  Astin's grandmother lived in Highland Park, Michigan. More on this later.

I was privileged to meet Bob Lanier of the Pistons as a child.  I met many other great people as a child and adult.  I was a member of the Girl Scouts, as a child, and later served as a troop leader and Girl Scout Service Unit Manager for three years.  I am privileged to be a member of the Ladies Auxiliary of the VFW as my father was a lifelong Disabled American Veteran (DAV)  my mother was a member of the auxiliary as well.

I believe in volunteering as an obligation when able to do so.  I have taught when able and written all my life.  I am currently disabled, but still volunteering and living as best I can to help not only myself, but others as well.  I was a peer advocate between 2002-2005 for Livingston County CMH. I am learning how to avoid burnout.  I hope to one day be able to return to work as a writer and teacher when I have the doctor's clearance.

For the time being, I am enjoying life.

No comments:

Post a Comment