Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Trump is Tactless

Trump is everything I despise
How can he be in office I contemplate
My families' voice is silenced under his regime
Not just mine, but generations, you ask why: listen, listen, listen, I cry
We all suffer from mental illness
But we are kind
When on the right medications we bloom and succeed
I received awards from senators and legislators
Sometimes I struggle but mostly I try to believe
That the doctors will discover the right medications for me
I must persevere
I can do no less
Before they dump the dirt upon on all that I have left
I have been foreclosed on
Lost a roommate through his own troubles
Wandered aimlessly
But somehow I've always landed back on my feet
I must leave this world knowing I've made it better not just for my family and me
But for future generations who suffer a malady
I speak aloud because there is so much wrong in society
I had a teacher who taught me "I am only one, but I am one"
Meaning as long as I am here I must be a voice for those in despair.
So I will press on and carry my message
Even if I am on bent knee
And I can only plea
I must leave this world knowing I made it better for not just myself, but for those I encounter in society.
So many within are young generations throughout the world are lost without direction
If one thing I say resonates then I will be pleased
Perhaps one less person ambling in the land
Because there are others like me who are willing to take a stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment