Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Eve 2014

Well, I guess I've reached the age of being semi-out of touch with the young people.  I am listening to the music in New York and really do not recognize any of it.  The individuals I would have aired for being the stars of 2014 are John Legend with his song "All of Me" and Pharrell Williams with "Happy." I do have to admit, I very much liked Idina Menzel's song, "Let it Go," performed in New York.

John Legend's beautiful ballad touches the soul, and Pharrell's song made for an international incident with Iran when young people decided to perform a dance video without their head scarves or burkas.

As for other memorable events of 2014, I cannot forget the terrible heartache of the people of Malaysia who have lost 3 airplanes, which took so many lives.  The pain is unimaginable.

Also, I find sadly that, we as an American people continue to struggle with our own humanity by brutalizing each other with horrible racist remarks and brutal killings. This is a nation that must come together for the benefit of all.  The blood that flows through our veins bleeds like a red river in the streets when one perishes whether Black, White, Asian, Middle Eastern, Native American and for Nations to numerable to name them all.  We must unite with treaties that are as impartial as they can be to create a world that is better for all future generations.

I must acknowledge my own frailties and to recognize when I have erred in my life to make me a better person.  I am at that point in my life where I am comfortable with whom I am and my goals now focus on sharing my thoughts with a new generation.

2014 is coming to a close and my life is moving in a positive direction.  I am a much better place mentally, emotionally and physically, and I assign that to a higher authority that I choose to call God, but my God has no face and no allegiance to a particular religion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=450p7goxZqg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5hpv_Ji5_s

No comments:

Post a Comment