Sunday, November 23, 2014

Passing Through

No matter how grey the sky or the snow piled high,
The lack of direction or the feeling of isolation,
Learn how to survive and keep your head held up,
This world too quickly writes people off and looks the other way,
Ah, but I say find that inner strength--dig deep down within,
Your body may be older now, but do not give up on your dreams.
The torch must burn in your heart and you may have to be the only one who believes in you,
But my, when success comes,
You will know that it is because you never gave up on yourself,
If you find consolation through faith, then pray with all you might,
Never ever surrender because the chips are down,
Laugh at yourself, you've nothing to hide, God made you his perfect surprise.
When death is knocking upon your door open it slowly make sure you know who it's for,
Maybe you'll have one more day to smile before your final breath.
I am grateful for each day I am sane,
For that I cannot complain.
Orphanages, institutions, foreclosure and deaths are merely my obstacles, but I have yet to see my final quest.
Mental Illness does not make me who I am,
I choose to be defined by what I do while I am here and by what I will leave behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment