Tuesday, November 25, 2014

If Pain Were A Lemon

If pain were a lemon, I've swallowed hard, but I've learned nothing will stop me from succeeding in my goals because I have too much to live for.  My obligation is to be the pillar for our family.  The bitter sweet berry creeps into the mind just as you enter your prime, when one is supposed to be making the leap from childhood into adulthood.  I recognize that my gifts are unique.  I choose to recognize that I have abilities not disabilities.

I discovered long ago I could draw, write, and compose songs with the guitar.  The world may choose to beat you down, but I say don't allow this, reach deep within your soul and profess the inner beauty that you were granted at birth. We are the image of those who bore and the essence of those we know and love.  If you lose everything, claw again to discover the who of I am. Never lose sight of the fact, that each of us was once in the womb, and it was circumstance that lay to bare the children we were and the adults we became.

I will not lie and say I have never been without hope, but I have always been able to fight back. Maybe that is the Irish in me.  Life may knock me down, but as long as I live and breath, I will rise again. I look forward to the day when all who walk with the stigma of an illness are not identified this way, but rather are known by their name.


No comments:

Post a Comment