Monday, November 24, 2014

Anger vs Peace

Anger is such a raw emotion.  When it is not harnessed, in an instant it can change a situation from calm to explosive violence.  So how does one learn and teach peace?  Is anger justified?  Of course it is a part of human existence and there are times when it is warranted, but learning how to stay calm and advocate for oneself in the process of wrongdoing requires skill.  I will never be an advocate of violence because it leaves so many victims behind.  I do believe; however, that one must stand up for oneself in the event of  inappropriate conduct.  The way I choose to stand up is by allowing my voice to be heard through the written word.  My priority is to reach out not only to my children who are now grown adults, but also to many young people and their mentors to carry the torch of peace so violence will not result in places such as Ferguson, Missouri.  Violence begets violence.  Peace will leave an indelible mark for change and a lesson for a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment