Monday, September 15, 2014

Old Man

Old Man
By Madeleine Graham

Old man sitting in the street, why you lookin' at me?
Do you know more than I: can you see what we all must some day realize?
What have you experienced?
What have you seen?
Tell me story, share it with me---
Can't you see I need to know, please hear me!!!

He pauses from his gaze, and he looks me straight in the eyes.
He tells me life is beautiful, live it day by day.
Understand life for it is the essence of mankind---
The branch that stems to the future,
And the road that leads to eternal peace.
For in living day by day, you'll understand all that once you did not. 

As the flowers of life unfold---
You'll see Heaven spelled in gold.
I turn to thank the Old Man for the wisdom that he has shared, 
but he is no longer there.
His words, however, become engraved in my mind.
Words to be shared with all mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment