Saturday, December 11, 2010

Realities of War

Liu Xiaobo Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology

I remember being on the second floor of the VA hospital in Allen Park.  A young man had no arms or legs, I was no older than 12.  He had a sheet on him that barely covered his torso--no one was tending to him.  Let us never forget any veteran in any country.  The realities of war are horrific. 

My own father suffered for years beyond WWII and was a lifelong member of Disabled American Veterans.  He passed away in a Detroit VA hospital.  I grew up in orphanage because both my parents had disabilities.  Let us honor Liu Xiaobo who was granted the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts in China. He is a voice for democracy.  He is a peaceful demonstrator.  He is currently imprisoned.

Trade agreements must be struck that will not oppress.  We must help the less fortunate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment